Do you brush and floss routinely, avoid sugary foods and drinks, and see your dentist for scheduled appointments but still get cavities? Do you have friends who don’t follow healthy oral habits and don’t deal with tooth decay and wonder if there’s any fairness left in the world?
Your Dallas, TX general dentist understands your frustration! How is it possible to take care of your teeth and still get cavities? It turns out that your genes may be responsible.
It’s Not Just about Bacteria
Keeping your mouth free of harmful bacteria is essential if you want a healthy smile, but another significant factor is the resistance of your teeth. A recent study by two researchers from the University of Zurich shows a definite condition between defects in the gene complex that’s responsible for the formation of tooth enamel and the rate of caries (cavities).
What This Means for You
There’s a lot more study that needs to be conducted in this area to understand how these findings can change the way we approach oral health care. But whether or not your genetic makeup puts you at higher risk for tooth decay, there are always steps you can take:
- Make sure your oral hygiene’s up to par – Brushing and flossing for decades does not make you an expert, and if you aren’t doing it properly, you may
not be getting the benefit of your efforts. Talk to your hygienist to “brush up” on your oral hygiene for the best results.
- Keep up with routine dental appointments – Prevention is the key to enjoying good oral health, making semi-annual exams and cleanings with your family
dentist crucial. Decide if you’d rather take a couple hours out of your week now or wait until you need costly and complex treatment!
- Pay attention to what you eat and drink – Certain foods, especially those high in sugar and acid, are very damaging and weaken dental enamel which
can lead to cavities.
Please Call to Arrange an Appointment
Your family dentist can offer you many helpful tips for keeping your smile healthy, regardless of genetics. If you would like to learn more, please call the Dallas, TX dentist to arrange a convenient appointment.
Many adults live with crooked or crowded teeth because they believe the only alternative is years of traditional orthodontic treatment with metal braces. However, today you don’t have to endure years of life with uncomfortable braces to get back the smile you were born to have.
Patients of the Dallas, TX Invisalign dentist are always pleased to learn that our office offers our patients the option of using Invisalign clear removable aligners. Invisalign adult orthodontics is an effective, efficient alternative to traditional braces. Invisalign clear braces offer a more comfortable and virtually invisible method for gently straightening your teeth.
Reasons to Consider Invisalign
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are made of a soft, flexible material, so they’re much less likely to create any irritation to your mouth.
- Discreet: Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible. The casual observer will not notice any difference when you’re wearing your aligner.
- Removable: You can remove your aligners when you eat, brush your teeth, or any other time that it’s necessary.
The Invisalign Process
The Dallas, TX Invisalign dentist starts by taking impressions of your mouth that are used to create a clear BPA-free plastic aligner. This aligner is designed to fit your teeth like a mouth guard. Unlike a mouth guard, however, the Invisalign aligner is designed to gently move your teeth into the proper position.
Approximately every two weeks you remove the current aligner and move to the next set that has been carefully crafted to shift your teeth gently to the next stage in the straightening process. You will make visits to our cosmetic dentist office about every six weeks so we can check on your progress.
But one of the things our patients really love about Invisalign is the progress that they see every time they progress to a new set of aligners. Treatment with Invisalign usually takes about a year for adults, with longer treatment times for teens and young adults.
Problems Invisalign Corrects
Invisalign aligners correct nearly any alignment issue you may have with your teeth. Our dentist Dr. Tony Lin will help you choose the appropriate Invisalign system to correct issues like the following:
- Crooked teeth
- Spaces/gaps in teeth
Orthodontic treatment with the Invisalign system is a perfect choice that fits your busy lifestyle while providing the straight, beautiful smile you’ve always dreamed of.
Please contact our office for more information and to start your Invisalign treatment!
- Want to Fix a Crooked Smile? 3 Reasons You Should Consider Invisalign Clear Braces in Dallas, TX
- 3 Drinks to Avoid If You Want a Bright Smile! Shared by Dallas Teeth Whitening Dentist
- What Can Porcelain Veneers Do for You? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Shares Their Benefits
- The Dallas Cosmetic Dentist Explains Bonding, a Conservative Smile Makeover Option
- Dallas, TX Dentist Explains Risk Factors for Oral Cancer
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- 3 Reasons to Choose Porcelain Crowns Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- The Dallas, TX Dentist Explains What You Need to Know about Mini Dental Implants before Deciding
- Do Genetics Put You at Higher Risk for Cavities? The Dallas, TX Dentist Shares Updated Information
- The Dallas, TX Invisalign Dentist Reviews Top 3 Reasons to Consider Invisalign Clear Braces
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...