If you’ve lost teeth due to damage or decay, you may have begun researching options for replacing the missing teeth. There are several alternatives for tooth replacement, but one of the most popular is currently dental implants.
There are different types of dental implants available as well, depending on your particular situation, and another popular option is mini dental implants (MDIs). The Dallas, TX mini dental implants dentist explains the difference:
How Dental Implants Work
A typical dental implant contains a small titanium screw that is implanted directly into the jawbone and will eventually integrate with the bone securely, functioning as a substitute for the missing root portion of your lost tooth. The process of healing after implant placement can take several months since the jawbone requires time to heal around the titanium fixture to create a stable base for the new tooth.
Why Choose Mini Dental Implants?
As the name implies, mini dental implants are essentially smaller dental implants - generally no wider than a toothpick - and therefore are less invasive and much easier to place into the jaw bone. They are used to replace small teeth and incisors and to anchor dentures. Because mini dental implants are thinner and less traumatic to the bone when they are implanted, most patients of the Dallas, TX mini implants dentist have their implants and restorations placed on the same day. They leave our office able to eat, speak, and smile normally.
In particular, mini dental implants are an appropriate option for use with older dentures that have become loose over time, creating problems for the wearer when eating and even speaking. In this case, one or more MDIs are implanted in the jaw and attached to the existing denture, creating a more stable anchor for the denture and greatly lessening discomfort for the patient.
Please Call for Your Consultation
However, it should be understood that MDIs are not an alternative to the traditional titanium dental implant except in specific circumstances. Our dentist Dr. Tony Liwill discuss your specific needs during a consultation and make a recommendation as to which implant option is most appropriate for you.
- The Dallas Cosmetic Dentist Explains Bonding, a Conservative Smile Makeover Option
- Dallas, TX Dentist Explains Risk Factors for Oral Cancer
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- 3 Reasons to Choose Porcelain Crowns Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- The Dallas, TX Dentist Explains What You Need to Know about Mini Dental Implants before Deciding
- Do Genetics Put You at Higher Risk for Cavities? The Dallas, TX Dentist Shares Updated Information
- The Dallas, TX Invisalign Dentist Reviews Top 3 Reasons to Consider Invisalign Clear Braces
- Can Dental Implants Improve Your Quality of Life? The Research Says Yes, and the Dallas, TX Dentist Explains
- The Dallas, TX Dentist Shares 4 Tips for Banishing Bad Breath for Good!
- Is A Smile Makeover in Your Future? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Explains Your Options
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...