Today, there are more options than ever for correcting esthetic smile flaws. If you’re not happy with the position, shape, or whiteness of your teeth, you don’t necessarily need to spend lots of money on high-end cosmetic dental treatments.
Everyone deserves a smile they can be proud of, regardless of their budget. Whenever we can, the Dallas, TX cosmetic dentist offers our patients the most conservative and affordable cosmetic treatments available.
Dental bonding is an excellent way to repair chipped, discolored, or crooked teeth. It’s fast, less costly than other treatments, and we can usually restore several teeth in just one appointment.
What Problems does Bonding Correct?
Using dental bonding, we can easily alter the shape, size, and even the color of your teeth. One of the things about bonding that makes it so effective is that the material we use can be shaded to closely match the color of your natural teeth. The result is a repair that even you won’t be able to see!
The Dallas, TX cosmetic dentist often chooses the procedure to correct the following flaws:
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Uneven gaps in-between your front teeth
- Poorly shaped teeth
- Size or shape differences
- Slightly crooked teeth
How Does Dental Bonding Work?
Bonding requires special skill and attention to detail, our cosmetic dentist starts the process by carefully mixing several shades of composite resin to match your natural tooth color as possible. Next, he carefully and expertly shapes and bonds the material to your tooth. Since the repair blends so well with your smile, we can use it to fill in a small chip or cover entire surface of a discolored tooth.
A Beautiful Smile is Closer than You Think
Have you always believed that a smile makeover was beyond your reach? If so, you’ll be pleasantly surprised to learn how a simple process like bonding can produce the beautiful results you’ve always dreamed about.
Oral cancer is a serious health threat and takes the lives of thousands every year because it's often not found until its later stages. Fortunately, oral
cancer screenings by your Dallas, TX dentist can detect symptoms early on when it is much easier to treat.
For this reason, we want you to be aware of risk factors for oral cancer that might affect you.
Risk Factors for Oral Cancer
The following risk factors can’t be changed, but raising your awareness can help you report any potential problems when treatment options and positive outcomes are greatest.
- Heredity – There’s sufficient evidence to suggest that the probability of oral cancer can run in families even if no other risk factors like smoking
or alcohol use are present.
- Age– More than 90 percent of all oral cancers occur in individuals over 40. However, the incidence among younger people has been on the uptick recently,
perhaps related to lifestyle behaviors.
- Race – African Americans have a higher incidence of oral cancer than Caucasians.
The following are risk factors that can and should be addressed:
- Smoking tobacco use – Smokers are at five to nine times greater risk for developing oral cancer
- Alcohol– Moderate to heavy drinkers are at three to nine times greater risk; the higher the alcohol content, the greater the risk
- Diet– A high intake of fruits/vegetables, which are high in antioxidants, has been found to have a protective effect against a variety of cancers,
- Chronic sun exposure– Often connected with lip cancers.
As part of your routine oral hygiene, you should closely monitor any changes in your mouth that don’t diminish in a few days, e.g., ulcers, sores, or white or red patches on the tongue. We care about your overall wellness, so our dentist always performs an oral cancer screening as part of your regular check-ups.
Please Contact Us for More Information
We want to do everything possible to keep your oral health and your general health on track. Please contact your Dallas, TX dentist to arrange your next exam, including an oral cancer screening by Dr. Lin.
- Looking for a Smile Makeover? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Explains How Veneers Can Help
- Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Avoid These 4 Foods to Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays
- Can Dental Bonding Help Your Smile? The Dallas Dentist Explains the Benefits
- Millions Are at Risk for Oral Cancer – Are You One of Them? The Dallas Dentist Explains
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- Which Tooth Replacement is Right for You? The Dental Implants Dentist in Dallas Answers Your Question
- Want to Fix a Crooked Smile? 3 Reasons You Should Consider Invisalign Clear Braces in Dallas, TX
- 3 Drinks to Avoid If You Want a Bright Smile! Shared by Dallas Teeth Whitening Dentist
- What Can Porcelain Veneers Do for You? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Shares Their Benefits
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...