The holidays are upon us, and many of us are preparing to celebrate with family gatherings that include all our favorite seasonal foods.
Holiday Foods to Avoid for a Healthy Smile
But with all the excitement, it’s easy to forget that these foods can have on your teeth. Your Dallas, TX dentist wants you to enjoy the holidays in a way that doesn’t compromise your oral health. Here are four delicious holiday foods that can also be bad for your dental health.
- Popcorn – Popcorn is a holiday favorite, but at this time of year it’s often drenched with caramel for a sweet, satisfying treat. Unfortunately, the
hard kernels can crack or break a tooth, and they also get stuck between your teeth which can lead to bacterial growth and other complications.
If you want to indulge, rinse your mouth and floss as soon as possible.
- Deeply-Colored Foods – Some deeply-colored foods can be very healthy, like beets or curry. But the downside is that these types of foods can quickly stain your teeth. Remember to immediately rinse your mouth with warm water or mouthwash after you consume these foods during your holiday feast.
- Carbonated Sugary Drinks – Consumption of carbonated drinks has increased dramatically, but the sugar in these drinks linger in your mouth and form acid that eats away at dental enamel and leads to decay. Try substituting with water or water-infused fruit juice to quench your thirst and keep your teeth healthy.
- Tomato Products (ketchup, hot sauce, marinara) – The acidity level of tomato products can soften the enamel of your teeth, resulting in increased tooth sensitivity or tooth decay. Dental enamel is also prone to stains due to the dark color of tomato sauces. Adding water to the sauce can help decrease acidity levels.
Please Call for More Information
The Dallas dentist is committed to providing you with all the information you need to keep your smile healthy. Please don’t hesitate to call us to learn more!
- Get The Facts From Our Dallas Dentists About Why Professional Appointments Matter
- Looking for a Smile Makeover? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Explains How Veneers Can Help
- Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Avoid These 4 Foods to Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays
- Can Dental Bonding Help Your Smile? The Dallas Dentist Explains the Benefits
- Millions Are at Risk for Oral Cancer – Are You One of Them? The Dallas Dentist Explains
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- Which Tooth Replacement is Right for You? The Dental Implants Dentist in Dallas Answers Your Question
- Want to Fix a Crooked Smile? 3 Reasons You Should Consider Invisalign Clear Braces in Dallas, TX
- 3 Drinks to Avoid If You Want a Bright Smile! Shared by Dallas Teeth Whitening Dentist
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...