A healthy smile is worth striving for, but the way you feel about your appearance plays a big part in your ability to interact comfortably with others. If you are self-conscious about stained or discolored teeth, it’s likely that you want to conceal your smile. An unfortunate result is that others may see you as unfriendly or unapproachable.
As more focus is placed on a bright smile, Dallas teeth whitening dentist Dr. Tony Lin sees an increasing number of patients who opt for professional teeth whitening treatment. There are many professional whitening products available today that can turn back the clock on a dull, stained smile.
Drinks to Avoid for a Whiter Smile
But if you want to do everything you can to protect your bright smile, here is a list of three drinks you should avoid:
- Black Tea: You probably thought black coffee was the worst staining culprit, but black tea stains your teeth even worse. The high level of tannins
contained in black tea adhere to teeth because they’re attracted to the protein in enamel. Instead, choose beverages with fewer tannins, like green
or white tea.
- Energy Drinks: Surely a drink that boosts energy must be good for you, right? Actually, they’re one of the worst because they not only high amounts
of sugar, but they are also high in acid. It’s probably best to avoid energy drinks altogether, but if you do consume them, rinse with water or
try sipping through a straw to minimize the time the drink lingers on your teeth.
- White Wine: You probably know that red wine stains teeth, but white wine? Like black tea, white wine contains tannins, but it also has more acid. Acid
breaks down dental enamel, so your teeth more likely to absorb stains from other foods. If you want to indulge, keep a glass of water close by
to rinse in between glasses of wine.
Please Call to Learn More
This is just a brief list of the foods that are damaging to your teeth, so you really need to understand what you are consuming and how it affects your oral health. The Dallas, TX teeth whitening dentist will be happy to suggest ways to minimize damage to your teeth and recommend a professional whitening treatment if appropriate.
- Looking for a Smile Makeover? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Explains How Veneers Can Help
- Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Avoid These 4 Foods to Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays
- Can Dental Bonding Help Your Smile? The Dallas Dentist Explains the Benefits
- Millions Are at Risk for Oral Cancer – Are You One of Them? The Dallas Dentist Explains
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- Which Tooth Replacement is Right for You? The Dental Implants Dentist in Dallas Answers Your Question
- Want to Fix a Crooked Smile? 3 Reasons You Should Consider Invisalign Clear Braces in Dallas, TX
- 3 Drinks to Avoid If You Want a Bright Smile! Shared by Dallas Teeth Whitening Dentist
- What Can Porcelain Veneers Do for You? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Shares Their Benefits
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...