The key to optimizing your oral health is to combine thorough daily care with state-of-the-art professional treatment. Today our Dallas dentists are sharing some information about what happens when you meet with your dentist, and how you can get back on track. Let’s get started!
What do we mean by a professional dental appointment?
Sometimes, patients come in for treatment due to a specific oral health issue—like a cavity or gum disease. However, the American Dental Association also recommends that patients come in for regular cleanings every six months or so. These appointments are designed to allow our team to clear away accumulated bacteria and dental debris, and help you refine your at-home oral hygiene routine.
How often is often enough?
For most patients, coming in twice a year for a professional appointment will be sufficient. However, people with underlying health issues may benefit from more frequent care. This includes patients dealing with diabetes, digestive issues, and oral cancers. Your dental team will be able to help you set a schedule that meets your needs.
Some signs that you need to increase your professional care:
First of all, if it has been a long time since you’ve been in to see a dentist, we highly encourage you to get use this opportunity to get back on track. Additionally, if you notice any of these oral health issues, you should contact your dentist:
- Chronic bad breath: hard-to-treat bad breath is often caused by a buildup of harmful oral bacteria, which needs to be cleared away by a dental professional.
- Increased instances of cavities: dental caries indicate that the balance and health of your mouth is compromised. You may have too much bacteria on your smile, or your dental enamel may be weakened and de-mineralized.
Give our Dallas dentists a call to get more information and to schedule an appointment with our team. We look forward to speaking with you!
- Dallas Gum Disease Dentist Shares Info About This Periodontal Health Problems
- Here Are Some Of The Popular Treatments Our Dallas Dentists Use To Treat Dental Damage
- Dallas Dentists Review 3 Daily Habits That Adversely Affect Dental Health
- Our Dallas Dentists Review Why Water Is So Good For Your Smile
- You Can Brush More Effectively With Some Simple Changes From Our Dallas Dentists
- Get The Facts From Our Dallas Dentists About Why Professional Appointments Matter
- Looking for a Smile Makeover? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Explains How Veneers Can Help
- Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Avoid These 4 Foods to Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays
- Can Dental Bonding Help Your Smile? The Dallas Dentist Explains the Benefits
Make an Appointment in October to enter our 10th Anniversary Raffle
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...