Bacterial plaque and tartar never take a day off; they are always building up in our mouths and attacking our teeth and gums. That is why it is so essential that you stick to an effective, comprehensive at-home oral hygiene plan.
This article from our Dallas dentists is all about making your daily dental hygiene routine work well for you. With a few small tweaks you can see big differences in the mirror!
Keep track of time
Many of our patients are surprised to learn that they should be brushing their smiles for around two minutes both morning and night. When you set a timer and brush for two minutes, you will likely find that you have been spending less time than recommended brushing and flossing. It can take a while to develop this good oral hygiene habit, so try timing yourself, or listening to a specific two-minute-long song, to stay on track.
Use fresh tools
Did you know that your toothbrush becomes less effective, due to natural wear and tear, in just three or four months? If you have been using the same toothbrush for months or even years, it is time to switch it out. As the bristles of your brush wear down, they become frayed and less effective at clearing away plaque. You should also swap your old brush a new one if you have been sick, as your brush head may harbor bacteria.
Scrubbing your smile too aggressively will cause your dental enamel to wear down, and your gum tissue to recede. Using a light hand will allow you to thoroughly clean your smile without inadvertently causing damage.
We hope that you have found some of these oral hygiene tips from our Dallas dentists helpful! With just a few tweaks and refinements, you can start to get more out of your daily routine today.
- Don’t Let Dental Damage Linger; Our Dallas Dentists Explain Why
- Dallas Gum Disease Dentist Shares Info About This Periodontal Health Problems
- Here Are Some Of The Popular Treatments Our Dallas Dentists Use To Treat Dental Damage
- Dallas Dentists Review 3 Daily Habits That Adversely Affect Dental Health
- Our Dallas Dentists Review Why Water Is So Good For Your Smile
- You Can Brush More Effectively With Some Simple Changes From Our Dallas Dentists
- Get The Facts From Our Dallas Dentists About Why Professional Appointments Matter
- Looking for a Smile Makeover? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Explains How Veneers Can Help
- Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Avoid These 4 Foods to Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays
Make an Appointment in October to enter our 10th Anniversary Raffle
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...