A healthy smile is worth striving for, but the way you feel about your appearance plays a big part in your ability to interact comfortably with others. If you are self-conscious about stained or discolored teeth, it’s likely that you want to conceal your smile. An unfortunate result is that others may see you as unfriendly or unapproachable.
As more focus is placed on a bright smile, Dallas teeth whitening dentist Dr. Tony Lin sees an increasing number of patients who opt for professional teeth whitening treatment. There are many professional whitening products available today that can turn back the clock on a dull, stained smile.
Drinks to Avoid for a Whiter Smile
But if you want to do everything you can to protect your bright smile, here is a list of three drinks you should avoid:
- Black Tea: You probably thought black coffee was the worst staining culprit, but black tea stains your teeth even worse. The high level of tannins
contained in black tea adhere to teeth because they’re attracted to the protein in enamel. Instead, choose beverages with fewer tannins, like green
or white tea.
- Energy Drinks: Surely a drink that boosts energy must be good for you, right? Actually, they’re one of the worst because they not only high amounts
of sugar, but they are also high in acid. It’s probably best to avoid energy drinks altogether, but if you do consume them, rinse with water or
try sipping through a straw to minimize the time the drink lingers on your teeth.
- White Wine: You probably know that red wine stains teeth, but white wine? Like black tea, white wine contains tannins, but it also has more acid. Acid
breaks down dental enamel, so your teeth more likely to absorb stains from other foods. If you want to indulge, keep a glass of water close by
to rinse in between glasses of wine.
Please Call to Learn More
This is just a brief list of the foods that are damaging to your teeth, so you really need to understand what you are consuming and how it affects your oral health. The Dallas, TX teeth whitening dentist will be happy to suggest ways to minimize damage to your teeth and recommend a professional whitening treatment if appropriate.
Have you ever wished that you could have a flawless smile – one that lights up a room as soon as you enter? This is definitely an attainable goal that
can easily be achieved with porcelain veneers offered at our Dallas, TX cosmetic dentist office.
- Mask cracked, chipped, or broken teeth
- Disguise the appearance of crooked teeth
- Cover spaces lefts by gaps between teeth
- Alter the appearance of severely stained or discolored teeth
- Lengthen the appearance of teeth
Today, there are more options than ever for correcting esthetic smile flaws. If you’re not happy with the position, shape, or whiteness of your teeth, you don’t necessarily need to spend lots of money on high-end cosmetic dental treatments.
Everyone deserves a smile they can be proud of, regardless of their budget. Whenever we can, the Dallas, TX cosmetic dentist offers our patients the most conservative and affordable cosmetic treatments available.
Dental bonding is an excellent way to repair chipped, discolored, or crooked teeth. It’s fast, less costly than other treatments, and we can usually restore several teeth in just one appointment.
What Problems does Bonding Correct?
Using dental bonding, we can easily alter the shape, size, and even the color of your teeth. One of the things about bonding that makes it so effective is that the material we use can be shaded to closely match the color of your natural teeth. The result is a repair that even you won’t be able to see!
The Dallas, TX dentist cosmetic often chooses bonding to correct the following flaws:
- Uneven gaps in-between your front teeth
- Small chips and fractures in enamel
- Slightly misaligned teeth
How Does Dental Bonding Work?
Bonding requires special skill and attention to detail, and Dr. Follette starts the process by carefully mixing several shades of composite resin to match your natural tooth color as possible. Next, she carefully and expertly shapes and bonds the material to your tooth. Since the repair blends so well with your smile, we can use it to fill in a small chip or cover entire surface of a discolored tooth.
A Beautiful Smile is Closer than You Think
Have you always believed that a smile makeover was beyond your reach? If so, you’ll be pleasantly surprised to learn how a simple process like bonding can produce the beautiful results you’ve always dreamed about.
- Get The Facts From Our Dallas Dentists About Why Professional Appointments Matter
- Looking for a Smile Makeover? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Explains How Veneers Can Help
- Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Avoid These 4 Foods to Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays
- Can Dental Bonding Help Your Smile? The Dallas Dentist Explains the Benefits
- Millions Are at Risk for Oral Cancer – Are You One of Them? The Dallas Dentist Explains
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- Which Tooth Replacement is Right for You? The Dental Implants Dentist in Dallas Answers Your Question
- Want to Fix a Crooked Smile? 3 Reasons You Should Consider Invisalign Clear Braces in Dallas, TX
- 3 Drinks to Avoid If You Want a Bright Smile! Shared by Dallas Teeth Whitening Dentist
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...