The holidays are upon us, and many of us are preparing to celebrate with family gatherings that include all our favorite seasonal foods.
Holiday Foods to Avoid for a Healthy Smile
But with all the excitement, it’s easy to forget that these foods can have on your teeth. Your Dallas, TX dentist wants you to enjoy the holidays in a way that doesn’t compromise your oral health. Here are four delicious holiday foods that can also be bad for your dental health.
- Popcorn – Popcorn is a holiday favorite, but at this time of year it’s often drenched with caramel for a sweet, satisfying treat. Unfortunately, the
hard kernels can crack or break a tooth, and they also get stuck between your teeth which can lead to bacterial growth and other complications.
If you want to indulge, rinse your mouth and floss as soon as possible.
- Deeply-Colored Foods – Some deeply-colored foods can be very healthy, like beets or curry. But the downside is that these types of foods can quickly stain your teeth. Remember to immediately rinse your mouth with warm water or mouthwash after you consume these foods during your holiday feast.
- Carbonated Sugary Drinks – Consumption of carbonated drinks has increased dramatically, but the sugar in these drinks linger in your mouth and form acid that eats away at dental enamel and leads to decay. Try substituting with water or water-infused fruit juice to quench your thirst and keep your teeth healthy.
- Tomato Products (ketchup, hot sauce, marinara) – The acidity level of tomato products can soften the enamel of your teeth, resulting in increased tooth sensitivity or tooth decay. Dental enamel is also prone to stains due to the dark color of tomato sauces. Adding water to the sauce can help decrease acidity levels.
Please Call for More Information
The Dallas dentist is committed to providing you with all the information you need to keep your smile healthy. Please don’t hesitate to call us to learn more!
Today, there are more options than ever for correcting esthetic smile flaws. If you’re not happy with the position, shape, or whiteness of your teeth, you don’t necessarily need to spend lots of money on high-end cosmetic dental treatments.
Everyone deserves a smile they can be proud of, regardless of their budget. Whenever we can, the Dallas, TX cosmetic dentist offers our patients the most conservative and affordable cosmetic treatments available.
Dental bonding is an excellent way to repair chipped, discolored, or crooked teeth. It’s fast, less costly than other treatments, and we can usually restore several teeth in just one appointment.
What Problems does Bonding Correct?
Using dental bonding, we can easily alter the shape, size, and even the color of your teeth. One of the things about bonding that makes it so effective is that the material we use can be shaded to closely match the color of your natural teeth. The result is a repair that even you won’t be able to see!
The Dallas, TX cosmetic dentist often chooses the procedure to correct the following flaws:
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Uneven gaps in-between your front teeth
- Poorly shaped teeth
- Size or shape differences
- Slightly crooked teeth
How Does Dental Bonding Work?
Bonding requires special skill and attention to detail, our cosmetic dentist starts the process by carefully mixing several shades of composite resin to match your natural tooth color as possible. Next, he carefully and expertly shapes and bonds the material to your tooth. Since the repair blends so well with your smile, we can use it to fill in a small chip or cover entire surface of a discolored tooth.
A Beautiful Smile is Closer than You Think
Have you always believed that a smile makeover was beyond your reach? If so, you’ll be pleasantly surprised to learn how a simple process like bonding can produce the beautiful results you’ve always dreamed about.
Are you an adult who’s considering minor orthodontics, you’re most likely focused on the esthetic result. That’s understandable! It can be exciting to think about smiling again with confidence!
An attractive smile is certainly an asset, but you may not have given a lot of thought to the long-term health effects of orthodontic treatment. It’s true that treatment can dramatically alter your appearance, but straighter teeth also result in a healthier smile.
Crooked Teeth and Your Oral Health
You already know that crooked teeth have a negative impact on the appearance of your smile. But patients looking for a Dallas, TX cosmetic dentist may not realize how a misaligned smile affects overall oral health. Here are a few examples of oral health problems related to crooked or crowded teeth.
- Difficulty cleaning: If you don’t have clean teeth, you don’t have a healthy smile. Proper oral hygiene is essential if you want to enjoy a life
free of dental problems. Crooked or crowded teeth make it difficult to practice good oral hygiene because you may not be able to floss between
them. This puts you at risk for decay and periodontal disease.
- Involved orthodontic problems: When one or more teeth are crooked or crowded, surrounding teeth start to shift as well. Your teeth are constantly
moving, and as the root of a crooked tooth tilts to one side or the other, adjacent teeth follow. Putting off treatment may result in more
involved orthodontic problems down the road.
- Dental bite issues: If you have untreated orthodontic issues, you can end up with a misaligned dental bite. This means that teeth on one side of
your mouth bite down harder on one side than the other. This can lead to a variety of problems including excess wear on teeth, jaw pain, and
Call the Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Today
Why risk your good oral health with a crooked smile? With all the great adult orthodontics available today, there’s no reason to live with a smile you don’t love. Please call our office and we’ll be happy to talk to you about treatment with invisible braces.
- Dallas Gum Disease Dentist Shares Info About This Periodontal Health Problems
- Here Are Some Of The Popular Treatments Our Dallas Dentists Use To Treat Dental Damage
- Dallas Dentists Review 3 Daily Habits That Adversely Affect Dental Health
- Our Dallas Dentists Review Why Water Is So Good For Your Smile
- You Can Brush More Effectively With Some Simple Changes From Our Dallas Dentists
- Get The Facts From Our Dallas Dentists About Why Professional Appointments Matter
- Looking for a Smile Makeover? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Explains How Veneers Can Help
- Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Avoid These 4 Foods to Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays
- Can Dental Bonding Help Your Smile? The Dallas Dentist Explains the Benefits
Make an Appointment in October to enter our 10th Anniversary Raffle
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...