At one time the only option a patient had for treating a cavity was a metallic filling. These fillings were widely used because they were the best material available. Advances in modern dental technology now allow the Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist to place white composite fillings instead of amalgam fillings to restore the natural appearance of the tooth.
Over time, amalgam fillings can begin to break down and cause the tooth to look darker than the surrounding teeth. Composite fillings blend so well with natural tooth enamel that patients often can’t tell spot exactly where the filling is. Replacing amalgam fillings with composite restorations enhances the appearance of your smile keeping it looking bright and clean.
In addition to the aesthetic benefits, replacing amalgam fillings with composite material is a healthier choice. Since amalgam fillings can break down over time bacteria is able to accumulate under the filing threatening the health of the tooth. But having your dentist replace these fillings with composite restorations can prevent the tooth from deteriorating and also prevent the amalgam filling from any further damage to the surrounding tooth structure.
It’s important to treat dental decay quickly because it can spread into the healthy tooth structure causing more expensive treatments to repair. White composite fillings are a durable material that will preserve the appearance and health of your smile. If you currently have amalgam fillings, you may want to consider having them replaced with modern composite fillings.
Advances in dental technology have provided materials that are superior to those used in the past. The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist now has technology at his disposal to help keep your smile bright, white, and healthy with composite fillings. Please contact our office for more information or to schedule a consultation.
- Dallas Gum Disease Dentist Shares Info About This Periodontal Health Problems
- Here Are Some Of The Popular Treatments Our Dallas Dentists Use To Treat Dental Damage
- Dallas Dentists Review 3 Daily Habits That Adversely Affect Dental Health
- Our Dallas Dentists Review Why Water Is So Good For Your Smile
- You Can Brush More Effectively With Some Simple Changes From Our Dallas Dentists
- Get The Facts From Our Dallas Dentists About Why Professional Appointments Matter
- Looking for a Smile Makeover? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Explains How Veneers Can Help
- Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Avoid These 4 Foods to Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays
- Can Dental Bonding Help Your Smile? The Dallas Dentist Explains the Benefits
Make an Appointment in October to enter our 10th Anniversary Raffle
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...