Are you an adult who’s considering minor orthodontics, you’re most likely focused on the esthetic result. That’s understandable! It can be exciting to think about smiling again with confidence!
An attractive smile is certainly an asset, but you may not have given a lot of thought to the long-term health effects of orthodontic treatment. It’s true that treatment can dramatically alter your appearance, but straighter teeth also result in a healthier smile.
Crooked Teeth and Your Oral Health
You already know that crooked teeth have a negative impact on the appearance of your smile. But patients looking for a Dallas, TX cosmetic dentist may not realize how a misaligned smile affects overall oral health. Here are a few examples of oral health problems related to crooked or crowded teeth.
- Difficulty Cleaning: If you don’t have clean teeth, you don’t have a healthy smile. Proper oral hygiene is essential if you want to enjoy a life free
of dental problems. Crooked or crowded teeth make it difficult to practice good oral hygiene because you may not be able to floss between them.
This puts you at risk for decay and periodontal disease.
- Involved Orthodontic Problems: When one or more teeth are crooked or crowded, surrounding teeth start to shift as well. Your teeth are constantly moving,
and as the root of a crooked tooth tilts to one side or the other, adjacent teeth follow. Putting off treatment may result in more involved orthodontic
problems down the road.
- Dental Bite: If you have untreated orthodontic issues, you can end up with a misaligned dental bite. This means that teeth on one side of your mouth
bite down harder on one side than the other. This can lead to a variety of problems including excess wear on teeth, jaw pain, and even TMJ.
Call the Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Today
Why risk your good oral health with a crooked smile? With all the great adult orthodontics available today, there’s no reason to live with a smile you don’t love. Please call our office and we’ll be happy to talk to you about treatment with invisible braces.
Many adults live with crooked or crowded teeth because they believe the only alternative is years of traditional orthodontic treatment with metal braces. However, today you don’t have to endure years of life with uncomfortable braces to get back the smile you were born to have.
Patients of the Dallas, TX Invisalign dentist are always pleased to learn that our office offers our patients the option of using Invisalign clear removable aligners. Invisalign adult orthodontics is an effective, efficient alternative to traditional braces. Invisalign clear braces offer a more comfortable and virtually invisible method for gently straightening your teeth.
Reasons to Consider Invisalign
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are made of a soft, flexible material, so they’re much less likely to create any irritation to your mouth.
- Discreet: Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible. The casual observer will not notice any difference when you’re wearing your aligner.
- Removable: You can remove your aligners when you eat, brush your teeth, or any other time that it’s necessary.
The Invisalign Process
The Dallas, TX Invisalign dentist starts by taking impressions of your mouth that are used to create a clear BPA-free plastic aligner. This aligner is designed to fit your teeth like a mouth guard. Unlike a mouth guard, however, the Invisalign aligner is designed to gently move your teeth into the proper position.
Approximately every two weeks you remove the current aligner and move to the next set that has been carefully crafted to shift your teeth gently to the next stage in the straightening process. You will make visits to our cosmetic dentist office about every six weeks so we can check on your progress.
But one of the things our patients really love about Invisalign is the progress that they see every time they progress to a new set of aligners. Treatment with Invisalign usually takes about a year for adults, with longer treatment times for teens and young adults.
Problems Invisalign Corrects
Invisalign aligners correct nearly any alignment issue you may have with your teeth. Our dentist Dr. Tony Lin will help you choose the appropriate Invisalign system to correct issues like the following:
- Crooked teeth
- Spaces/gaps in teeth
Orthodontic treatment with the Invisalign system is a perfect choice that fits your busy lifestyle while providing the straight, beautiful smile you’ve always dreamed of.
Please contact our office for more information and to start your Invisalign treatment!
A few short years ago, people who needed their teeth straightened didn’t have many options. Fortunately, advances in dental technology have changed that. Now we have lots of choices when it comes to finding the orthodontic treatment that’s right for you. One of the options that the Dallas, TX Clear Invisible Braces Dentist is Bioliners, a discreet and affordable orthodontic treatment.
Why do you use Bioliners instead of other clear braces?
There are several reasons why we have chosen to offer Bioliners to our patients:
- They are an effective option for correcting minor tooth alignment issues
- Bioliners are clear and virtually invisible
- If your teeth don’t require a lot of straightening, Bioliners are more comfortable than traditional orthodontics
- Bioliners are significantly less expensive than other options like Invisalign
How long will it take to straighten my teeth With Bioliners?
The length of treatment is different for each person because it depends on the amount of straightening needed and the results you desire with each Bioliner alignment treatment. Our Dallas, TX Clear Invisible Braces Dentist will help you decide if they are the best option for you.
In most cases you’ll use each Bioliner aligner in the series for two to three weeks, followed by one to two weeks of using The Bioliner Plus. Proper alignment can often be achieved in less than a year.
How long will it take to see results with Bioliners?
The needs of every patient are unique, but normally patients see positive results every time they change to the next set of aligners. Various factors that can have an effect on the final results of your Bioliner treatment include:
- The shape of your teeth
- The position of the root in the area of treatment
- The health of your gums
How soon can I start treatment with Bioliners?
Once we develop a treatment plan, our dentist will take impressions of your teeth. The molds made from these impressions will be sent to the dental lab to create custom-crafted Bioliners. Your custom set of Bioliners will be fabricated in about five days, and we will then arrange an appointment to begin treatment.
How much do Bioliners cost?
The cost of Bioliners treatment depends greatly on how much straightening is needed to obtain a beautifully aligned result. We will be more than happy to consult with you to provide an accurate estimate of treatment cost. Please contact our office to arrange a free consultation. We will be happy to evaluate your specific situation and help you choose the best option for you.
- What Can Porcelain Veneers Do for You? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Shares Their Benefits
- The Dallas Cosmetic Dentist Explains Bonding, a Conservative Smile Makeover Option
- Dallas, TX Dentist Explains Risk Factors for Oral Cancer
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- 3 Reasons to Choose Porcelain Crowns Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- The Dallas, TX Dentist Explains What You Need to Know about Mini Dental Implants before Deciding
- Do Genetics Put You at Higher Risk for Cavities? The Dallas, TX Dentist Shares Updated Information
- The Dallas, TX Invisalign Dentist Reviews Top 3 Reasons to Consider Invisalign Clear Braces
- Can Dental Implants Improve Your Quality of Life? The Research Says Yes, and the Dallas, TX Dentist Explains
- The Dallas, TX Dentist Shares 4 Tips for Banishing Bad Breath for Good!
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...