Most people are aware of Invisalign teeth aligners. However, most people are not familiar with – Bioliners™. This clear appliance can be used for minor tooth movement similar to Invisalign, but is more affordable.
What Is a Bioliner™?
A Bioliner™ is a tooth aligner made of very thin ultra clear plastic with a soft thermal plastic insert. To make a set of Bioliner™ aligners, the Dallas, TX Clear Invisible Braces dentist first takes a series of molds (or impressions) to develop a custom set of models of the teeth. These are then sent to the dental lab where the models are reset and aligned.Soft thermal plastic inserts are made to fit over the reset teeth. The dental lab then makes a plastic “suck-down” retainer over the model with the plastic insert in place. When a patient wears the retainer, the thermal plastic insert exerts gentle pressure on the teeth to be moved. The thermal plastic insert is the key to this aligner. The insert is flexible enough to allow the patient to easily remove the appliance, yet rigid enough to move teeth.
What Can the Bioliner™ Be Used For?
The soft insert allows for slight movement of the teeth, and up to three Bioliners™ can be made from the original models. If more movement is needed, the Dallas, TX Invisalign dentist can make new molds so a new set of aligners can be made. Bioliners™ are used to correct cases with rotated teeth, tipped teeth and minor relapse cases. Just like Invisalign - they are not intended to be used to correct major alignment issues.
Generally, Bioliners™ are used for:
- Minor crowding cases where the patient does not want fixed appliances and cannot afford Invisalign aligners.
- Patients who have not worn retainers as required and experience some relapse after prior treatment.
- Patients who have gone through traditional orthodontic treatment, but there are one or more teeth still need some minor correction.
- Patients who request early removal of traditional braces but still need minor correction of alignment.
- Bioliners™ cost a lot less than Invisalign.
- Bioliners™ require a fewer number of aligners to complete the minor straightening. One Bioliner can move teeth further than one Invisalign aligner.
- Get The Facts From Our Dallas Dentists About Why Professional Appointments Matter
- Looking for a Smile Makeover? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Explains How Veneers Can Help
- Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Avoid These 4 Foods to Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays
- Can Dental Bonding Help Your Smile? The Dallas Dentist Explains the Benefits
- Millions Are at Risk for Oral Cancer – Are You One of Them? The Dallas Dentist Explains
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- Which Tooth Replacement is Right for You? The Dental Implants Dentist in Dallas Answers Your Question
- Want to Fix a Crooked Smile? 3 Reasons You Should Consider Invisalign Clear Braces in Dallas, TX
- 3 Drinks to Avoid If You Want a Bright Smile! Shared by Dallas Teeth Whitening Dentist
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...