Do you have crooked teeth that cause embarrassment when you smile? There are so many great options for straightening teeth today, like Fastbraces®, which are a fairly new development in the field of orthodontics. Dental technology keeps changing and improving treatments, and you really have many more options than just a few years ago.
Fastbraces® orthodontics are a great example of a new technology that have revolutionized the way we approach orthodontic treatment, while significantly reducing treatment times for patients. Using this system, the Dallas Fastbraces® Dentist can correct misaligned teeth in a much shorter amount of time than with traditional braces.
How Do Fastbraces® Work?
When teeth are misaligned, the root portion of a tooth tilts to one side. This causes the crown or visible portion of the tooth to tilt in the opposite direction. Treatment with traditional braces can take up to two years to properly align your teeth, because they work by first correcting the alignment of the root. This part of treatment alone can take up to a year to complete, and it takes another year or more to correct alignment of the crown portion.
By contrast, Fastbraces® are designed to alter the position of the root and crown simultaneously as soon as treatment begins. Fastbraces® are also unique because the system uses a completely unique method for altering tooth alignment. Brackets and uniquely-shaped wires are used to correct the misalignment. In some cases treatment can be completed by the dentist in just a few months.
Are Fastbraces® Comfortable?
Patients report less discomfort with Fastbraces® treatment than patients who undergo treatment with traditional braces. The fact that a patient spends less time wearing braces also means that there is less likelihood of developing serious oral health issues due to improper oral hygiene.
Please Contact Our Office for More Information
If you are in need of orthodontic treatment and would like to avoid the long treatment time and discomfort of traditional braces, contact the Dallas Fastbraces® Dentist. We will be happy to provide you with a complimentary consultation to discuss this revolutionary new dental treatment and how it can benefit you.
Most people are aware of Invisalign teeth aligners. However, most people are not familiar with – Bioliners™. This clear appliance can be used for minor tooth movement similar to Invisalign, but is more affordable.
What Is a Bioliner™?
A Bioliner™ is a tooth aligner made of very thin ultra clear plastic with a soft thermal plastic insert. To make a set of Bioliner™ aligners, the Dallas, TX Clear Invisible Braces dentist first takes a series of molds (or impressions) to develop a custom set of models of the teeth. These are then sent to the dental lab where the models are reset and aligned.Soft thermal plastic inserts are made to fit over the reset teeth. The dental lab then makes a plastic “suck-down” retainer over the model with the plastic insert in place. When a patient wears the retainer, the thermal plastic insert exerts gentle pressure on the teeth to be moved. The thermal plastic insert is the key to this aligner. The insert is flexible enough to allow the patient to easily remove the appliance, yet rigid enough to move teeth.
What Can the Bioliner™ Be Used For?
The soft insert allows for slight movement of the teeth, and up to three Bioliners™ can be made from the original models. If more movement is needed, the Dallas, TX Invisalign dentist can make new molds so a new set of aligners can be made. Bioliners™ are used to correct cases with rotated teeth, tipped teeth and minor relapse cases. Just like Invisalign - they are not intended to be used to correct major alignment issues.
Generally, Bioliners™ are used for:
- Minor crowding cases where the patient does not want fixed appliances and cannot afford Invisalign aligners.
- Patients who have not worn retainers as required and experience some relapse after prior treatment.
- Patients who have gone through traditional orthodontic treatment, but there are one or more teeth still need some minor correction.
- Patients who request early removal of traditional braces but still need minor correction of alignment.
- Bioliners™ cost a lot less than Invisalign.
- Bioliners™ require a fewer number of aligners to complete the minor straightening. One Bioliner can move teeth further than one Invisalign aligner.
- The Dallas Cosmetic Dentist Explains Bonding, a Conservative Smile Makeover Option
- Dallas, TX Dentist Explains Risk Factors for Oral Cancer
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- 3 Reasons to Choose Porcelain Crowns Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- The Dallas, TX Dentist Explains What You Need to Know about Mini Dental Implants before Deciding
- Do Genetics Put You at Higher Risk for Cavities? The Dallas, TX Dentist Shares Updated Information
- The Dallas, TX Invisalign Dentist Reviews Top 3 Reasons to Consider Invisalign Clear Braces
- Can Dental Implants Improve Your Quality of Life? The Research Says Yes, and the Dallas, TX Dentist Explains
- The Dallas, TX Dentist Shares 4 Tips for Banishing Bad Breath for Good!
- Is A Smile Makeover in Your Future? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Explains Your Options
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...