Dental infections and disease not only affect the appearance of your smile but, left untreated, can seriously compromise your oral health. It is vitally important to be proactive with your at-home oral hygiene routine, otherwise you may ultimately put yourself at risk for losing teeth as well as jawbone density. This can lead to complications that result in complex and costly dental treatment.
Prevention is the key to maintaining a beautiful healthy smile. If you practice diligent dental care you can save yourself the cost and embarrassment of dental disease. The team at our Dallas, TX Dentist office focuses on patient education as one of the most effective ways to help prevent cavities and gum disease.
As important as persona oral hygiene is, however, you may not be aware that even the most conscientious brushing and flossing alone is not enough to keep your smile healthy. Routine at-home oral hygiene is necessary, but it must be paired with professional dental cleanings.
Your teeth may feel clean, but only a professional cleaning at our Dallas, TX Dentist office can thoroughly remove plaque - a sticky bacterial film that coats enamel and oral tissue as we eat, drink, and speak. Flossing and brushing are useful at removing plaque build-up but cannot eliminate it completely.
Plaque that is not removed with at-home brushing and flossing eventually hardens into a substance called tartar. Without professional cleanings, tartar continues to build up on teeth, causing dental decay, gum disease, and eventually tooth loss.
The best way to ensure your dental health is to maintain a proactive at-home cleaning schedule (to reduce daily plaque build-up) and see your dentist for semi-annual professional cleanings to remove tartar and give you a “clean slate” for brushing and flossing. By scheduling routine visits to your dental professional you give yourself and your family the best possible chance for optimal oral health.
- Want to Fix a Crooked Smile? 3 Reasons You Should Consider Invisalign Clear Braces in Dallas, TX
- 3 Drinks to Avoid If You Want a Bright Smile! Shared by Dallas Teeth Whitening Dentist
- What Can Porcelain Veneers Do for You? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Shares Their Benefits
- The Dallas Cosmetic Dentist Explains Bonding, a Conservative Smile Makeover Option
- Dallas, TX Dentist Explains Risk Factors for Oral Cancer
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- 3 Reasons to Choose Porcelain Crowns Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- The Dallas, TX Dentist Explains What You Need to Know about Mini Dental Implants before Deciding
- Do Genetics Put You at Higher Risk for Cavities? The Dallas, TX Dentist Shares Updated Information
- The Dallas, TX Invisalign Dentist Reviews Top 3 Reasons to Consider Invisalign Clear Braces
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...