No wonder teeth whitening is the number one cosmetic dentistry treatment requested today! Teeth whitening has the ability to dramatically change the appearance of your smile in just one office visit. Teeth whitening is also an affordable cosmetic treatment that delivers great results at a relatively low cost.
Convenient Teeth Whitening Options
For your convenience, the Dallas, TX Teeth Whitening Dentist offers both in-office whitening treatments as well as take-home kits. In-office treatments deliver faster, more dramatic results, whitening your teeth by up to six shades in one session.
These treatments can be supplemented with a take-home kit provided by our office. Or you may choose a take-home whitening kit simply because you would like to whiten your teeth at your own pace in the privacy of your home.
For professional in-office whitening treatments, we use both Zoom and Boost. Both systems are quick and affordable, producing remarkable results in just one hour. The advantage of Zoom and Boost treatments done in our office is that we use a whitening gel with a higher concentration of hydrogen peroxide than over-the-counter products, providing more dramatic results.
Professional Teeth Whitening at our Office
The in-office treatment for whitening with either Zoom or Boost is basically the same:
- A professional dental cleaning prior to whitening is recommended for the best results. This clears away food debris and plaque buildup between teeth to maximize results.
- A handheld shade guide is used to help us identify the shade you’re looking for
- Our dentist places protective gel is placed along the gum line to protect sensitive gum tissue
- Whitening gel is then carefully applied to the front surfaces of your teeth and cured with a special light
- Whitening trays are not needed since the gel is applied directly to your teeth by your dentist
Whitening in the Privacy of Your Home
We also provide a take-home kit so you can maintain the whitening effect at home. The kit includes a custom-made tray to hold the whitening gel. A tray made at our Dallas, TX Teeth Whitening Dentist Office is far more effective than those you purchase at the drugstore because we make the tray based on impressions we take of your teeth. This allows the whitening gel to come into full contact with all surfaces of your teeth, allowing for more effective whitening.
Contact our office for more information or to schedule an appointment for a whitening treatment. We will be happy to show you how we can help make your smile sparkle!
Teeth whitening is an easy and affordable way to transform your smile. Patients at our Dallas Teeth Whitening Dental Office are always surprised and amazed at the difference they see after a professional teeth whitening.
With any cosmetic dental treatment, including teeth whitening, we first speak to our patients about their expectations for the desired result. Professional teeth whitening is an effective solution for a dull, tired-looking smile. But in some cases it takes a few days for the full effect of the treatment to be noticeable.
Choosing the Right Shade of White
We use a handheld shade guide to measure the extent of whitening that can potentially be achieved. If you have a specific result in mind, it's important to ask about the guide so that your dentist is aware of your expectations and can discuss potential problems in obtaining the shade you desire.
We refer to staining of teeth as being intrinsic, extrinsic or both. This depends on the cause of discoloration. Intrinsic stains are within the tooth, and are a result of trauma, aging, too much tetracycline (a common antibiotic), or excessive use of fluoride.
These stains may be more difficult to eliminate. In this case, at-home follow up may be needed after the initial in-office treatment. Extrinsic stains result from certain foods, beverages, and normal wear. They can be removed fairly easily with professional teeth whitening.
How White is too White?
Some people worry that teeth whitening will make their teeth “too white.” There really is no way to lighten the shade of teeth beyond their natural level of whiteness. Of course, everyone is different, but most patients can expect to see a difference of about two to seven shades with an in-office treatment.
Most anyone can benefit from a professional teeth whitening – whether it’s done in our office or at home. It can make a person look more youthful and is an excellent solution for patients who have dental staining or discoloration.
Contact our Dallas Teeth Whitening Dental Office if you have questions about whitening your teeth. We will be happy to take the time to sit down with you to explain exactly what you can expect.
- The Dallas Cosmetic Dentist Explains Bonding, a Conservative Smile Makeover Option
- Dallas, TX Dentist Explains Risk Factors for Oral Cancer
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- 3 Reasons to Choose Porcelain Crowns Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- The Dallas, TX Dentist Explains What You Need to Know about Mini Dental Implants before Deciding
- Do Genetics Put You at Higher Risk for Cavities? The Dallas, TX Dentist Shares Updated Information
- The Dallas, TX Invisalign Dentist Reviews Top 3 Reasons to Consider Invisalign Clear Braces
- Can Dental Implants Improve Your Quality of Life? The Research Says Yes, and the Dallas, TX Dentist Explains
- The Dallas, TX Dentist Shares 4 Tips for Banishing Bad Breath for Good!
- Is A Smile Makeover in Your Future? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Explains Your Options
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...