Dental implants are a relatively new, but important, method for replacing missing teeth. Mini dental implants offered at the Dallas, TX Dentist Office are not as well-known, but just as useful. Mini dental implants can often be used where a regular dental implant would not work.
Dental implants are used to replace missing teeth. A very small titanium screw is placed in the jaw bone. This screw integrates with bone and tissue of the jaw, which means it actually becomes a replacement root for the missing tooth. The dental implant is then finished with a crown or other dental appliance to create a beautifully restored tooth.
A mini dental implant is a smaller version of the dental implant. The design of the mini dental implant is the same as that of the regular dental implant. But because of their size, MDIs are easier to implant surgically into the bone. Because of the size of the mini implant, there is less trauma to the bone and tissue, and most mini dental implants can be placed in one appointment.
The professional team at the Dallas, TX Dentist Office will decide if using a mini dental implant best fits your needs. Following are a few benefits of choosing an mini dental implants:
- One Appointment Convenience - Mini dental implants are smaller so they are less traumatic to the jaw bone when implanted. Healing time is dramatically reduced, and you don’t have to wait for months for the surgical site to heal. The entire procedure, including the final restoration, can be done in one appointment.
- Protect Healthy Teeth - Losing a tooth had a negative effect on overall oral health, causing deterioration of your jawbone. Mini dental implants are placed directly into the jawbone, preventing bone loss. Because they maintain the structure of a natural tooth, mini dental implants support surrounding teeth.
- Versatility - With the development of the mini dental implant it is now possible to treat replace missing teeth in cases that were previously impossible such as small teeth and incisors. MDIs are also effective in anchoring dentures. If you’ve been told your jaw bone lacks sufficient density to support a traditional implant, mini dental implants may be a viable alternative.
- Cost - Mini dental implants are less expensive to place than conventional dental implants, making them a great option for a wide variety of patients.
If you’re interested in getting more information about mini dental implants, please contact our office. We will be happy to arrange a consultation with our dentist to discuss your case in detail to determine if this is the best choice for you.
Modern dentistry provides many options today for restoration of damaged or missing teeth. If you’ve lost teeth due to damage or decay, you may have begun researching options for replacing the missing teeth. Mini Dental Implants (MDIs) are an option available at the Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist office for replacing missing teeth.
A typical dental implant contains a small titanium screw that is implanted directly into the jawbone and will eventually integrate with the bone securely, functioning as a substitute for the missing root portion of your lost tooth. The process of creating an implant with a titanium fixture takes several months as the jawbone requires time to heal around the titanium fixture creating a stable base for the new tooth.
As the name implies, mini dental implants are essentially smaller dental implants - generally no wider than a toothpick - and therefore are less invasive and much easier to place into the jaw bone. They are used to replace small teeth and incisors and to anchor dentures.
Because mini dental implants are thinner and less traumatic to the bone when they are implanted, most patients at our Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist office have their implants and restorations placed on the same day. When they leave our office they are able to eat, speak, and smile normally.
Mini dental implants are a great option for use with older dentures that have become loose over time, creating problems for the wearer when eating and even speaking. In this case, one or more MDIs are implanted in the jaw and attached to the existing denture, creating a more stable anchor for the denture and greatly lessening discomfort for the patient.
Please contact our dentist office for more information about dental implants and they ways in which they might benefit you. We will be happy to arrange a consultation to discuss your options.
If you find you’re anxious about a missing tooth simply because you’re uncertain what you can do next, the Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist does offer a solution. There are various options like dental bridges, but they also may inhibit the type of foods you eat, since they may make chewing unpleasant and uncomfortable.
Dentures might move about during chewing, making it difficult or impossible to eat the foods you really appreciate. Certain tooth replacement alternatives can also allow food particles to lodge at the gum line, leading to tooth decay and possible infection.Dental technology is continually undergoing changes made possible by the introduction of new materials and techniques. The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist is committed to staying current with methods and materials, by taking advantage of new technology. These new treatments not only open completely new areas of treatment in general and restorative dentistry, but substantially improve the patient’s comfort and recovery time. A good example is the dramatic increase in the use of dental implants, made possible in recent years with the use of titanium.
Dental implants can be employed to replace missing teeth. A titanium ‘root’ is implanted in the jaw bone and permitted to integrate into the surrounding tissue and bone (termed as osseointegration). Once the ‘root’ has integrated together with the structure of the jaw, a dental prosthetic is attached, making a ‘new’ tooth.
Titanium is also extremely strong and long-lasting, making it a natural choice for dental implants placed by your dentist. Titanium dental implants are safely utilized as titanium is judged to be fully inert and immune to deterioration by virtually all body fluids and tissue, rendering it totally bio-compatible.
If you’re self-conscious about missing teeth, contact our office for a consultation to discuss your options. It is possible to bring back your beautiful smile safely and effectively using long-lasting dental implants.
- Looking for a Smile Makeover? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Explains How Veneers Can Help
- Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Avoid These 4 Foods to Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays
- Can Dental Bonding Help Your Smile? The Dallas Dentist Explains the Benefits
- Millions Are at Risk for Oral Cancer – Are You One of Them? The Dallas Dentist Explains
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- Which Tooth Replacement is Right for You? The Dental Implants Dentist in Dallas Answers Your Question
- Want to Fix a Crooked Smile? 3 Reasons You Should Consider Invisalign Clear Braces in Dallas, TX
- 3 Drinks to Avoid If You Want a Bright Smile! Shared by Dallas Teeth Whitening Dentist
- What Can Porcelain Veneers Do for You? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Shares Their Benefits
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...