Many people view dentures negatively as they remember the discomfort and inconvenience their parents or grandparents experienced with traditional dentures. When patients visit our Dallas Dentures Dental Office looking for information about dentures, they most often express concern about the effect dentures will have on their life and lifestyle.
Fortunately, advances in modern dentistry have improved significantly upon the design and materials used in dentures. Today’s dentures are designed for comfort and function as well as having an appearance that mimics natural teeth in order to improve your smile.
What are dentures?
A denture is a removable dental appliance used as a long-term replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissue. Modern dentures are designed to closely resemble natural teeth and improve your smile. The process starts with your Dallas, TX Dentures Dentist taking detailed impressions (molds) and measurements that are used to create dentures that are custom-fit to you. These dentures are fabricated using a soft, flexible polymer material that is comfortable and easy to wear. Since your dentures are custom-fit to your mouth, you can be confident that they will fit comfortably, enabling you to speak and eat with ease.
What are dentures made of?
Today’s polymer dentures are flexible so they are naturally more comfortable to wear as well as being more natural-looking than plastic dentures. By comparison, plastic dentures are very rigid which can easily resulting in soreness of gums and cheek tissue. In addition to being rigid and uncomfortable, plastic dentures are also less durable. Polymer dentures are slightly more expensive, but it’s a small price to pay for a lifetime of relatively carefree tooth replacement.
How long will polymer dentures last?
Polymer dentures are very durable and, with proper care, will last many years. However, as with any dental appliance, the dentures may have to be remade, repaired, or readjusted at some point in the future due to normal wear.
- Want to Fix a Crooked Smile? 3 Reasons You Should Consider Invisalign Clear Braces in Dallas, TX
- 3 Drinks to Avoid If You Want a Bright Smile! Shared by Dallas Teeth Whitening Dentist
- What Can Porcelain Veneers Do for You? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Shares Their Benefits
- The Dallas Cosmetic Dentist Explains Bonding, a Conservative Smile Makeover Option
- Dallas, TX Dentist Explains Risk Factors for Oral Cancer
- The Facts You Need to Know about Orthodontics Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- 3 Reasons to Choose Porcelain Crowns Shared by Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
- The Dallas, TX Dentist Explains What You Need to Know about Mini Dental Implants before Deciding
- Do Genetics Put You at Higher Risk for Cavities? The Dallas, TX Dentist Shares Updated Information
- The Dallas, TX Invisalign Dentist Reviews Top 3 Reasons to Consider Invisalign Clear Braces
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...