Many people view dentures negatively as they remember the discomfort and inconvenience their parents or grandparents experienced with traditional dentures. When patients visit our Dallas Dentures Dental Office looking for information about dentures, they most often express concern about the effect dentures will have on their life and lifestyle.
Fortunately, advances in modern dentistry have improved significantly upon the design and materials used in dentures. Today’s dentures are designed for comfort and function as well as having an appearance that mimics natural teeth in order to improve your smile.
What are dentures?
A denture is a removable dental appliance used as a long-term replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissue. Modern dentures are designed to closely resemble natural teeth and improve your smile. The process starts with your Dallas, TX Dentures Dentist taking detailed impressions (molds) and measurements that are used to create dentures that are custom-fit to you. These dentures are fabricated using a soft, flexible polymer material that is comfortable and easy to wear. Since your dentures are custom-fit to your mouth, you can be confident that they will fit comfortably, enabling you to speak and eat with ease.
What are dentures made of?
Today’s polymer dentures are flexible so they are naturally more comfortable to wear as well as being more natural-looking than plastic dentures. By comparison, plastic dentures are very rigid which can easily resulting in soreness of gums and cheek tissue. In addition to being rigid and uncomfortable, plastic dentures are also less durable. Polymer dentures are slightly more expensive, but it’s a small price to pay for a lifetime of relatively carefree tooth replacement.
How long will polymer dentures last?
Polymer dentures are very durable and, with proper care, will last many years. However, as with any dental appliance, the dentures may have to be remade, repaired, or readjusted at some point in the future due to normal wear.
- Don’t Let Dental Damage Linger; Our Dallas Dentists Explain Why
- Dallas Gum Disease Dentist Shares Info About This Periodontal Health Problems
- Here Are Some Of The Popular Treatments Our Dallas Dentists Use To Treat Dental Damage
- Dallas Dentists Review 3 Daily Habits That Adversely Affect Dental Health
- Our Dallas Dentists Review Why Water Is So Good For Your Smile
- You Can Brush More Effectively With Some Simple Changes From Our Dallas Dentists
- Get The Facts From Our Dallas Dentists About Why Professional Appointments Matter
- Looking for a Smile Makeover? The Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Explains How Veneers Can Help
- Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist Discusses Professional Teeth Whitening
- Avoid These 4 Foods to Keep Your Smile Healthy During the Holidays
Make an Appointment in October to enter our 10th Anniversary Raffle
New Patient Special!
$99 for comprehensive exam, x-rays and regular cleaning.
*new patient without insurance only, restrictions apply.
How it works, how much it costs, and much more...