A lot of people have heard of Invisalign teeth aligners. On the other hand, most people are not familiar with – Bioliners™. This clear orthodontic appliance could be used for minor tooth movement similar to Invisalign but is much more economical.
How do Bioliners™ work?
A Bioliner™ is a tooth aligner created of extremely thin, ultra clear plastic using a soft thermal plastic insert. To make a set of Bioliner™ aligners, the Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
takes a series of molds (or impressions) to create a custom set of models of the teeth.
These molds are then sent to the dental lab where the models are reset and aligned. Soft thermal plastic inserts are created to fit over the reset teeth. The dental lab will then make a plastic “suck-down” retainer over the model with the plastic insert in place.
When a patient wears the retainer, the thermal plastic insert exerts gentle pressure around the teeth to be moved. The thermal plastic insert could be the key to this aligner. The insert is flexible enough to allow the patient to easily remove the appliance, although rigid enough to adjust tooth alignment.
What are Bioliners™ used For?
The pliable insert permits for slight movement of teeth. As many as three Bioliner™ trays may be made from the original models. If far more movement is required, your Dallas, TX Cosmetic Dentist
team would make new molds, so a brand new set of aligners might be created. Bioliners™ are applied to correct rotated teeth, tipped teeth and minor relapse instances. Just like Invisalign – they are not intended to be utilized to correct major alignment concerns.
Frequently, we will recommend Bioliners™ for:
- Minor crowding circumstances where the patient does not want fixed appliances and cannot afford Invisalign aligners.
- Individuals that have not worn retainers as necessary and experience some relapse immediately after the initial orthodontic treatment.
- Individuals who’ve gone through classic orthodontic treatment, but find one or more teeth still need to have some minor correction.
- Patients who request early removal of classic braces but nonetheless need to have minor correction of alignment.
What are the benefits of using Bioliners?
- Bioliners™ are less costly than Invisalign.
- Bioliners™ require a fewer number of aligners to accomplish the minor straightening.
- Bioliner™ can move teeth more than one Invisalign aligner
Like most orthodontic therapy, though, Bioliners™ won’t be right for every alignment concern. Please contact our dentist
office for further information so we are able to assist you in deciding if Bioliners are appropriate for you.