When you look in the mirror are you disappointed to see old or dark looking teeth dulling your smile? If so, you know how important white, bright teeth can mar your appearance. More patients than ever are taking advantage of teeth whitening options to turn back the clock on their aging teeth as cosmetic dentistry becomes more accessible and wide spread.
Consumers can use over-the-counter teeth bleaching treatments at home or receive custom whitening in the office a dental professional. These two types of treatment are not created equally as the formulations, expected results, and treatment processes are different.
Professional whitening treatments are administered in our Dallas Teeth Whitening Dental Office. These treatments are peroxide formulations that will actually bleach dental enamel and drastically whiten the appearance of your teeth.
Professional whitening treatments are:
- More effective than over the counter products because the whitening formulation contains a greater concentration of whitening agent.
- Faster than over the counter products—most patients see significant results in just one or two visits.
- More predictable than over the counter products. Working with a dental professional, you can better control the level and quality of whitening achieved.
- Less expensive than professional whitening treatments, because they are less effective and take weeks or even months to achieve full results.
- More of a risk, because you cannot closely control the process and may end up with uneven enamel whitening, dental sensitivity, or gum irritation.