Patients suffering from tooth loss deserve to reclaim their smiles with health-promoting, attractive tooth replacement options. In this short article we will be discussing one tooth replacement treatment in greater detail: the mini dental implant. After reading this informative update from our Dallas, TX Mini Dental Implant Dentist, we hope you will feel comfortable speaking to a dental professional about this innovative, effective treatment.
Mini dental implants are stand-alone replacement teeth, which means they do not need to be attached to adjacent teeth, or stuck to the gum tissue with dental adhesive in order to stay in place. Rather, mini dental implants are held in place with a small titanium implant root; this root essentially takes the place of the lost natural tooth root.
- Because mini dental implants are capable of standing alone, they can be used in a number of different capacities. Our dentist uses them to:
- Replace individual teeth that are quite small, or fit into very limited spaces along the gum line
- Replace single teeth for patients with sparse bone density
- Restore the smiles of patients who want to avoid a lengthy recovery time post-treatment (you will recover from mini dental implant placement much faster than you would from conventional implant placement)
- Hold dentures in place—mini dental implants can be designed to fit into place under your dentures, so that your prosthetic will not move around when you chew or speak
If you think that you may benefit from any of these common mini dental implant applications, please feel free to contact our Dallas, TX Mini Dental Implant office. We are here to answer your questions and provide you with the support you need as you rejuvenate your teeth. Together we will restore your dental health, and help you love your smile again!